Suicide attempt leads to bomb discovery
According to a report from the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office, police responded to a home on the 43400 block of Quentin Street after receiving a report of a suicide attempt. The man was transported to an area hospital with life-threatening injuries.
While police were investigating the incident, they discovered five small homemade explosive devices inside the house. The Loudoun County Bomb Squad was called to the scene and two neighboring homes were evacuated as a precautionary measure.
At around 4 a.m. Jan. 2, he devices were rendered safe and the scene was cleared.
The case is currently under investigation by both the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office and the Loudoun County Fire Marshal's Office.
Be the first to post a comment!
- In Northern Va., Michelle Obama says tech industry to train, hire 90K military vets
- Parent takes Loudoun school administrators to court over alleged FOIA violations
- Loudoun supervisors address increasing student diversity
- U-Va. dean bashes Rolling Stone article in open letter
- Chris Cooley’s Leesburg mansion is still for sale