Supervisors to take budget action Wednesday night
Supervisors are expected to hold taxes steady for the average homeowner with a property tax rate of $1.155 per $100 in assessed value. That figure is troubling for educators and advocates of Loudoun County Public Schools because it leaves a more than $35 million allocation shortfall for the school system's budget.
The public meeting begins at 4 p.m. at the county government center in Leesburg and can be viewed online through http://www.Loudoun.gov/webcast.
- Northern Virginia search and rescue members return from Nepal
- Leesburg elementary student injured in bus incident
- Mary Watson-DeLauder: At your service
- Holiday travel volume in Virginia expected to be highest in a decade
- MWAA vice president floats idea of residential at Dulles Airport’s ‘Western Lands’