Supervisors to take budget action Wednesday night
Supervisors are expected to hold taxes steady for the average homeowner with a property tax rate of $1.155 per $100 in assessed value. That figure is troubling for educators and advocates of Loudoun County Public Schools because it leaves a more than $35 million allocation shortfall for the school system's budget.
The public meeting begins at 4 p.m. at the county government center in Leesburg and can be viewed online through http://www.Loudoun.gov/webcast.
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Commentary: In Loudoun, a mismatch between need and affluence
- Economist: Proposed Trump budget could cost northern Virginia up to 10,000 jobs
- Loudoun County superintendent treading familiar ground with Dominion High School case
- UPDATE: Leesburg man dies in Route 15 crash
- Sheriff’s Office investigating reported sexual assaults in Lowes Island-Cascades area
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Click here for all e-editions.