Suspect in Sterling bank robbery apprehendedJanuary robbery of a local PNC Bank.
The suspect, Jonzel M. Bailey, 22, is currently in custody in the Fairfax Adult Detention Center for other charges.
The incident at the PNC Bank took place Jan. 2 at 9 a.m. in the 100 block of Free Court when a man, believed to Bailey, entered the facility and demanded cash.
Bailey was arrested in Miami last week and taken back to Virginia Jan. 18 after waiving extradition. Bailey is currently being held in Fairfax on charges of robbing a Wells Fargo in Herndon Dec. 27, though he was charged Jan. 18 for the Sterling robbery.
A joint investigation between the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office, the FBI and the Town of Herndon Police, Loudoun County Sheriff Mike Chapman praised the collaborative effort.
“This is a prime example of how good working relationships with our partners in law enforcement and our partners in the community can help solve crime,” Chapman said in a release.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Ken Cuccinelli settles lawsuit against conservative PAC
- Former Loudoun sheriff Simpson to make another bid for office
- Teacher of the Year: Mitchell Seipt brings history back to the future
- Nonprofit of the Year: Loudoun Interfaith Relief feeds the hungry, empowers lives
- Citizen of the Year: Scott York leaves his fingerprints on county’s present and future