Suspect in Sterling bank robbery apprehended
The suspect, Jonzel M. Bailey, 22, is currently in custody in the Fairfax Adult Detention Center for other charges.
The incident at the PNC Bank took place Jan. 2 at 9 a.m. in the 100 block of Free Court when a man, believed to Bailey, entered the facility and demanded cash.
Bailey was arrested in Miami last week and taken back to Virginia Jan. 18 after waiving extradition. Bailey is currently being held in Fairfax on charges of robbing a Wells Fargo in Herndon Dec. 27, though he was charged Jan. 18 for the Sterling robbery.
A joint investigation between the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office, the FBI and the Town of Herndon Police, Loudoun County Sheriff Mike Chapman praised the collaborative effort.
“This is a prime example of how good working relationships with our partners in law enforcement and our partners in the community can help solve crime,” Chapman said in a release.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Unfazed by Va. Supreme Court ruling, McAuliffe says he’ll restore voting rights one-by-one
- After losing her daughter to a rare disease, a Loudoun mother gives back to children like her
- And now, Philadelphia: Northern Va. Democrats ready to nominate Clinton-Kaine ticket
- Virginia court nixes order restoring felons’ voting rights
- Young Loudoun entrepreneurs get a chance to start their own businesses