Suspicious man and gunfire has Lansdowne on edge
Suspicious incidents began Feb. 7 at around 4:40 around Habitat Circle, when a resident reported seeing a man dressed in camouflage carrying a gun walking along the treeline. Then, on Monday evening, a resident on the 43900 block of Riverpointe Drive reported hearing gunshots in the area at around 10:24. The resident also saw someone in camouflage with a gun.
Two more situations arose the following night. At 10:20, a resident reported hearing gunfire from the 43800 block of Riverpointe Drive. At 11:46 that night on Kipheart Drive, police received another report of gunfire.
In all four cases, police responded and were unable to to find anyone suspicious in the area.
A spokesperson for the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office said the department is "taking proactive measures" and resources are being allocated to address the situation.
- Beaverdam Creek Reservoir to temporarily reopen June 1
- Former Loudoun Democrats chairman who left party launches bid for supervisor
- From quarry to community: Looking at the huge Waterside development application
- Loudoun photographers earn honors, work on display in Herndon
- MORE: Critics say Virginia ethics bill won’t prevent another scandal