Suspicious man and gunfire has Lansdowne on edge
Suspicious incidents began Feb. 7 at around 4:40 around Habitat Circle, when a resident reported seeing a man dressed in camouflage carrying a gun walking along the treeline. Then, on Monday evening, a resident on the 43900 block of Riverpointe Drive reported hearing gunshots in the area at around 10:24. The resident also saw someone in camouflage with a gun.
Two more situations arose the following night. At 10:20, a resident reported hearing gunfire from the 43800 block of Riverpointe Drive. At 11:46 that night on Kipheart Drive, police received another report of gunfire.
In all four cases, police responded and were unable to to find anyone suspicious in the area.
A spokesperson for the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office said the department is "taking proactive measures" and resources are being allocated to address the situation.
- Leesburg elementary student injured in bus incident
- Mary Watson-DeLauder: At your service
- Holiday travel volume in Virginia expected to be highest in a decade
- MWAA vice president floats idea of residential at Dulles Airport’s ‘Western Lands’
- VIDEO: Quarry blast in Sterling damages homes, cars; injures one