Suspicious man and gunfire has Lansdowne on edge
Suspicious incidents began Feb. 7 at around 4:40 around Habitat Circle, when a resident reported seeing a man dressed in camouflage carrying a gun walking along the treeline. Then, on Monday evening, a resident on the 43900 block of Riverpointe Drive reported hearing gunshots in the area at around 10:24. The resident also saw someone in camouflage with a gun.
Two more situations arose the following night. At 10:20, a resident reported hearing gunfire from the 43800 block of Riverpointe Drive. At 11:46 that night on Kipheart Drive, police received another report of gunfire.
In all four cases, police responded and were unable to to find anyone suspicious in the area.
A spokesperson for the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office said the department is "taking proactive measures" and resources are being allocated to address the situation.
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- EDITORIAL: Messages and meaning at the Middleburg Film Festival
- ‘People mover’ at Dulles gets stuck; passengers evaluated
- Convicted felon Kesari resigns from Hamilton Town Council
- Dominion apologies for unannounced venting, schedules more for November
- Tween wearing a clown mask wields bat, scares children in Sterling
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.