Suspicious man sought in Sterling
The man, who is described as white, 50 to 60 years old, with gray hair and wrinkles, has been approaching children in the Cascades and Lowes Island communities. He drives a dark blue pickup truck from the late 90s or early 2000s.
The first of three incidents occurred about 12:30 p.m. Sept. 5. The man watched a girl load groceries into her car and then followed her to her home and parked outside, leaving only when her neighbors arrived, according to reports.
About 2:40 p.m. Sept. 9, the man approached a girl getting off the school bus at Hollymead Place. The man asked her to go to Starbucks and when she didn't respond, he drove away.
The most recent incident occurred Sept. 10 in the evening, when the truck pulled next to a group of children walking on a path alongside Algonkian Parkway.
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- ‘Fill-the-Boot’ campaign kicks off Tuesday in Loudoun County
- Patrick Henry College students, alumni plans protest during Mike Pence visit
- Construction continues, VDOT sues as Ashburn man holds on to his home
- Increased gun confiscations at Dulles Airport concern TSA
- Man assaulted while walking in Sterling neigborhood
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.