Teacher aide charged with assault of a student
Leopoldo A. Cabrales, 65, of South Riding, was charged April 25 with assault and battery, a Class 1 Misdemeanor, for an assault that took place on March 27.
Cabrales allegedly assaulted a 12-year-old student while in class at Sterling Middle School. The student received minor injuries.
The case was initially handled by Loudoun County Child Protective Services before the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office Criminal Investigations Division was notified.
According to Loudoun County Public Schools spokesperson Wayde Byard, Cabrales has been placed on administrative leave.
Cabrales has been an employee with LCPS since September 2012 and he has only been employed at Sterling Middle School.
Cabrales has been released by the Loudoun County Magistrate on a $5,000 unsecured bond.
This is a developing story. Stay tuned to Loudountimes.com.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Community protests Sterling’s Calvary Temple church amid allegations of sexual abuse
- Round Hill artist awarded honorable mention in international plein air competition
- UPDATE: Leesburg Police investigating stabbing death
- Two VIP board members resign, lay out grievances
- Republicans praise McAuliffe for signing budget