Teacher aide charged with assault of a student
Leopoldo A. Cabrales, 65, of South Riding, was charged April 25 with assault and battery, a Class 1 Misdemeanor, for an assault that took place on March 27.
Cabrales allegedly assaulted a 12-year-old student while in class at Sterling Middle School. The student received minor injuries.
The case was initially handled by Loudoun County Child Protective Services before the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office Criminal Investigations Division was notified.
According to Loudoun County Public Schools spokesperson Wayde Byard, Cabrales has been placed on administrative leave.
Cabrales has been an employee with LCPS since September 2012 and he has only been employed at Sterling Middle School.
Cabrales has been released by the Loudoun County Magistrate on a $5,000 unsecured bond.
This is a developing story. Stay tuned to Loudountimes.com.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Uptick seen in Loudoun housing market
- Communication breakdown: Lockdown at LCHS spurs discussion on info protocol in schools
- EDITORIAL: Common safety, common sense in the commonwealth
- Unseen crime: 85% of arrests, details about investigations go unreported in Loudoun and Leesburg
- Loudoun County Parkway completion sparks local Republican rift