Teacher aide charged with assault of a student
Leopoldo A. Cabrales, 65, of South Riding, was charged April 25 with assault and battery, a Class 1 Misdemeanor, for an assault that took place on March 27.
Cabrales allegedly assaulted a 12-year-old student while in class at Sterling Middle School. The student received minor injuries.
The case was initially handled by Loudoun County Child Protective Services before the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office Criminal Investigations Division was notified.
According to Loudoun County Public Schools spokesperson Wayde Byard, Cabrales has been placed on administrative leave.
Cabrales has been an employee with LCPS since September 2012 and he has only been employed at Sterling Middle School.
Cabrales has been released by the Loudoun County Magistrate on a $5,000 unsecured bond.
This is a developing story. Stay tuned to Loudountimes.com.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- EDITORIAL: Brewer’s reinstatement comes with an inconvenient truth
- The alleged ‘Incognito Bandit’ bank robber arrested at Dulles Airport
- Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office makes five drunken driving arrests over the weekend
- Comstock thanked for repealing Obamacare in TV ad blunder
- State issues drought watch for Loudoun, northern Virginia following dry months
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Click here for all e-editions.