Three birds at Virginia Zoo die due to viral infection
The chicks were 28 days old and succumbed to Eastern Equine Encephalitis. Zoo officials say they died on July 17.
One of the parent birds has also died, but officials say test results have not been completed.
Eastern Equine Encephalitis can be fatal in both humans and animals. The Norfolk Department of Public Health has reported no positive tests for the virus in any of its mosquito pools or sentinel chickens in Norfolk.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Two charged with attempted murder in Lansdowne
- MORE: Virginia Senate committee defeats gun control proposals
- Preschool and kindergarten school teaches arts early in new building
- Competition for in-state admission remains stiff at Va. universities
- Brambleton rezonings pass Loudoun board; new houses and $35M in improvements coming