Three honored for service to victims
Joyce Sowa, who was stabbed by her husband as she slept in December 2011, was honored for her efforts to help other victims, including reaching out to victims and starting a support group for victims of domestic violence.
Lt. Tom Kinnally, a 36-year law enforcement veteran and commander of the Criminal Investigations Section of the Leesburg Police Department since 2007, was also honored with a Victim's Service Award.
From the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office, Det. Mark McCaffrey of the robbery and homicide division, was recognized for his ability to connect with victims and his "relentless pursuit of justice for victims of crime."
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at email@example.com.
- EDITORIAL: The right to know comes home at Montpelier
- Ashburn man who murdered estranged wife receives life sentence
- Report: State salaries to lag private sector by 27 percent
- Pacific Boulevard extension opens as Ashbun man waits for eminent domain trial
- EXCLUSIVE: LCPS officials recommended Dominion teacher for new job after ‘alleged incident’
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.