Three honored for service to victims
Joyce Sowa, who was stabbed by her husband as she slept in December 2011, was honored for her efforts to help other victims, including reaching out to victims and starting a support group for victims of domestic violence.
Lt. Tom Kinnally, a 36-year law enforcement veteran and commander of the Criminal Investigations Section of the Leesburg Police Department since 2007, was also honored with a Victim's Service Award.
From the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office, Det. Mark McCaffrey of the robbery and homicide division, was recognized for his ability to connect with victims and his "relentless pursuit of justice for victims of crime."
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- MORE: Loudoun School Board adopts $1 billion budget
- EXCLUSIVE: Del. Minchew will withdraw controversial Electoral College legislation
- George Mason University researchers announce groundbreaking Lyme test
- Loudoun Grown Expo to showcase county crafters
- Domestic violence, gun-control groups divided over gun bill