Three honored for service to victims
Joyce Sowa, who was stabbed by her husband as she slept in December 2011, was honored for her efforts to help other victims, including reaching out to victims and starting a support group for victims of domestic violence.
Lt. Tom Kinnally, a 36-year law enforcement veteran and commander of the Criminal Investigations Section of the Leesburg Police Department since 2007, was also honored with a Victim's Service Award.
From the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office, Det. Mark McCaffrey of the robbery and homicide division, was recognized for his ability to connect with victims and his "relentless pursuit of justice for victims of crime."
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Transcript: Chairwoman Randall’s first ‘State of Loudoun County’
- AT&T says proposed Short Hill site not a ‘data center’
- Board of Supervisors advances controversial crumb rubber turf testing
- Catoctin skate park sparks controversy in Leesburg
- Loudoun County farmer Andrew Crush named one of America’s Best Young Farmers