Times-Mirror adds media veterans to the ranks
Dale Peskin takes over as editor-in-chief from John Geddie, who stepped down from the position last week. Mr. Geddie had served as editor for the past three years.
Mary Peskin takes over as special editor with additional responsibilities for news operations, content development, design and special sections. She also assumes the duties of Crystal Owens, who will return later this year following maternity leave.
Mr. Peskin has managed news operations at The Dallas Morning News, The Detroit News, Rochester (N.Y.) Democrat & Chronicle and Warren (Ohio) Tribune Chronicle. He directed a news-industry think tank and more recently founded and operated We Media, a Reston-based media consulting group that provides innovation strategies, products and services for news enterprises.
Mary Peskin is a former executive with the New York Times Regional Newspaper Group. More recently she served as associate director of the American Press Institute, advising and training publishers and editors.
- Holding court: Falcons, Raiders win state volleyball titles
- Gov. McAuliffe announces first commercial hops facility in mid-Atlantic in Loudoun
- No small potatoes: Loudoun Interfaith rebounds in time for the turkey
- First baby born at Inova’s new Natural Birth Center
- Rolling Stone article on culture of rape at UVA: ‘Instantly all anyone could talk about’