Times-Mirror adds media veterans to the ranks
Dale Peskin takes over as editor-in-chief from John Geddie, who stepped down from the position last week. Mr. Geddie had served as editor for the past three years.
Mary Peskin takes over as special editor with additional responsibilities for news operations, content development, design and special sections. She also assumes the duties of Crystal Owens, who will return later this year following maternity leave.
Mr. Peskin has managed news operations at The Dallas Morning News, The Detroit News, Rochester (N.Y.) Democrat & Chronicle and Warren (Ohio) Tribune Chronicle. He directed a news-industry think tank and more recently founded and operated We Media, a Reston-based media consulting group that provides innovation strategies, products and services for news enterprises.
Mary Peskin is a former executive with the New York Times Regional Newspaper Group. More recently she served as associate director of the American Press Institute, advising and training publishers and editors.
- More costs, delays for Metro’s Silver Line to Loudoun
- Wason Center poll: Jeb Bush surpasses Hillary Clinton in Virginia
- In Northern Va., Michelle Obama says tech industry to train, hire 90K military vets
- Parent takes Loudoun school administrators to court over alleged FOIA violations
- U-Va. dean bashes Rolling Stone article in open letter