Times-Mirror adds media veterans to the ranks
Dale Peskin takes over as editor-in-chief from John Geddie, who stepped down from the position last week. Mr. Geddie had served as editor for the past three years.
Mary Peskin takes over as special editor with additional responsibilities for news operations, content development, design and special sections. She also assumes the duties of Crystal Owens, who will return later this year following maternity leave.
Mr. Peskin has managed news operations at The Dallas Morning News, The Detroit News, Rochester (N.Y.) Democrat & Chronicle and Warren (Ohio) Tribune Chronicle. He directed a news-industry think tank and more recently founded and operated We Media, a Reston-based media consulting group that provides innovation strategies, products and services for news enterprises.
Mary Peskin is a former executive with the New York Times Regional Newspaper Group. More recently she served as associate director of the American Press Institute, advising and training publishers and editors.
- MORE: Footage shows 263 missing Loudoun SAT tests left building in UPS possession
- Farm-to-Fork brings together Loudoun—both east and west
- Reston man sentenced to 29 years for rape of child
- Hillsboro man drives truck off Leesburg Parking Garage
- Farm brewery still a go in Lucketts—but without Flying Dog