Tom Hanks, Meg Ryan to film movie in Virginia
Gov. Terry McAuliffe says Ryan also is playing a role in the film "Ithaca," which is based on William Saroyan's 1942 novel "The Human Comedy." It's a coming-of-age story about the challenges of growing up during wartime.
The governor says filming begins next month in the Richmond-Petersburg area. The filmmakers will be eligible for a state tax credit and grant based on the number of Virginia workers hired and the amount of goods and services purchased in the state.
McAuliffe mentioned the Hanks-Ryan project in Leesburg in May when he attended and spoke at the Loudoun Times-Mirror's "Great Grapes of Loudoun" wine event. The governor also said he and state tourism and film officials are working to land a Bo Derek-led television project in the commonwealth.
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- ‘Fill-the-Boot’ campaign kicks off Tuesday in Loudoun County
- Patrick Henry College students, alumni plans protest during Mike Pence visit
- Construction continues, VDOT sues as Ashburn man holds on to his home
- Increased gun confiscations at Dulles Airport concern TSA
- Man assaulted while walking in Sterling neigborhood
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.