Top four candidates selected for vacant Leesburg Council seat
The four candidates are Jed Babbin, Hugh Forsythe, Rusty Foster and Gwen Pangle.
The four were selected from among 12 applicants who submitted letters of interest and professional resumes to the clerk of council. The mayor and council members individually reviewed the applications and each provided the Clerk with their top three candidates in ranked order. The aggregated results yielded four top candidates because there was a tie for third.
Following the candidates’ presentations on Jan. 9, the council is expected to deliberate and may vote to appoint one of the candidates to fill the vacant council seat until a special election is held.
Council next Monday is also expected to discuss and possibly determine the date on which the special election may be held.
Post a comment
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- EDITORIAL: For $1 billion, citizens should expect accountability from Loudoun County Public Schools
- Rep. Comstock at odds with Trump’s federal hiring freeze
- Parallels emerge between national election and Virginia governor’s race
- Reston man arrested on DUI, firearm charges
- Loudoun County Republicans condemn Women’s March, say organized by ‘radical leftists’
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Click here for all e-editions.