Truck causes gunshot scare in Leesburg
According to a release from the Leesburg Police Department, at 11:03 a.m., authorities received reports of noises that sounded like gunshots coming from the 200 block of Loudoun Street SE.
Officers responded to the area and, unsure of the cause of the noise, established a perimeter. A portion of Loudoun Street SE was closed, and county government employees received texts instructing them to take a different entrance.
After a search of the businesses in the area and speaking with several witnesses, police determined the noise was not gunfire, but was in fact a truck backfiring several times.
Loudoun Street SE was reopened at 11:46 a.m.
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- EDITORIAL: Brewer’s reinstatement comes with an inconvenient truth
- Judge in Virginia declines to block Trump’s new travel ban
- More people moving to Loudoun County than anywhere else in Virginia
- MORE: Comstock opposed to the American Health Care Act
- Loudoun resident files civil rights suits against county officials over social media censorship
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Click here for all e-editions.