Truck causes gunshot scare in Leesburg
According to a release from the Leesburg Police Department, at 11:03 a.m., authorities received reports of noises that sounded like gunshots coming from the 200 block of Loudoun Street SE.
Officers responded to the area and, unsure of the cause of the noise, established a perimeter. A portion of Loudoun Street SE was closed, and county government employees received texts instructing them to take a different entrance.
After a search of the businesses in the area and speaking with several witnesses, police determined the noise was not gunfire, but was in fact a truck backfiring several times.
Loudoun Street SE was reopened at 11:46 a.m.
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- MORE: Loudoun School Board adopts $1 billion budget
- Police investigating sexual assault at NOVA Loudoun campus
- FCi Federal awarded $415 million contract
- Leesburg’s Morven Park discusses renovation plans over pints
- House of Delegates committee kills two full-day kindergarten bills from Loudoun lawmakers