Truck causes gunshot scare in Leesburg
According to a release from the Leesburg Police Department, at 11:03 a.m., authorities received reports of noises that sounded like gunshots coming from the 200 block of Loudoun Street SE.
Officers responded to the area and, unsure of the cause of the noise, established a perimeter. A portion of Loudoun Street SE was closed, and county government employees received texts instructing them to take a different entrance.
After a search of the businesses in the area and speaking with several witnesses, police determined the noise was not gunfire, but was in fact a truck backfiring several times.
Loudoun Street SE was reopened at 11:46 a.m.
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at email@example.com.
- EDITORIAL: The right to know comes home at Montpelier
- Driver charged in Lansdowne infant’s death to face trial next year
- Warrant: Ashburn house fire could have been intentionally set
- Ashburn murder verdict upheld, sentencing set for Friday
- LCPS reported allegations against former Dominion teacher to police in 2014
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.