Two charged with abduction in Purcellville
On Feb. 21 at around 5:15 p.m. when a Maryland man was traveling on Foxcroft Road near St. Louis Road in Purcellville. The victim saw two men stop in the roadway and approach two vehicles in front of him, before the drivers of those two vehicles sped away. The two men, later identified as Michael L. Jackson, 45, of Aldie and Maurice Smith, 47, then approached the victim, demanding a ride and forcing themselves in the car.
At some point, the victim called 911, and the Town of Purcellville Police Department and the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office responded to the Purcellville West End 7-Eleven, where the two men were arrested an charged with abduction and conspiracy to commit a felony. Smith was also charged with possession of marijuana. Both men are currently being held at the Loudoun County Adult Detention Center with no bond.
- In Northern Va., Michelle Obama says tech industry to train, hire 90K military vets
- Parent takes Loudoun school administrators to court over alleged FOIA violations
- Loudoun supervisors address increasing student diversity
- U-Va. dean bashes Rolling Stone article in open letter
- Chris Cooley’s Leesburg mansion is still for sale