Two dead in apparent murder-suicide in Stone Ridge
Emergency services received a call around 10:30 p.m. Tuesday evening reporting the sounds of gunfire from inside a home at the 41700 block of Eloquence Square in Aldie.
The Sheriff's Office Rapid Response Unit entered the home and discovered the bodies of two dead adults.
According the the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office, a preliminary investigation has shown the incident was domestic in nature. During the course of an argument between a 43-year-old man and his 36-year-old wife, the man fired several rounds from a gun, hitting both the woman and her 58-year-old mother. He then killed himself.
The man’s wife was pronounced dead at the scene, while the mother of the woman was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. She is still hospitalized, but is in stable condition.
Two juveniles were also inside the home but were not hurt. They are currently staying with relatives.
The investigation is continuing, but law enforcement considers the incident contained to the scene and does not believe there is any immediate danger to the community.
This is a developing story. More details will be added to the article as they become available. This story was last updated at 1:20 a.m. on Jan. 8.
- Planting history: Hamilton’s Wegmeyer Farms and Oatlands partner to harvest strawberries in Leesburg
- Sheriff Chapman, Ralph Buona win Loudoun Republican nominations
- From Loudoun to the NFL: Alex Carter drafted in third round by Detroit
- George Mason U. takes over Loudoun Small Business Development Center
- Possible gang members attempt recruitment of Sterling Middle students