Two displaced in Ashburn townhome fire
Two residents were displaced from their Ashburn townhome Wednesday after a fire ripped through the first floor of the building.
Damage to the home is estimated at $50,000. No injuries were reported.
Loudoun Fire and Rescue were dispatched to the home at 19911 Ridgecrest Square at 7 p.m. for reports of the blaze.
Fire and Rescue units from Lansdowne, Cascades, Ashburn and Leesburg responded to the incident and found a middle unit townhome with a small fire on the first floor.
Smoke alarms alerted residents to the fire and they were able to safely evacuate.
The two occupants are staying with friends and family, according to Loudoun Fire and Rescue.
The Loudoun County Fire Marshal’s Office determined the fire was accidental. It started in stove piping that separated at a joint.
The Loudoun County Fire Marshal’s Office is reminding residents to ensure smoke alarms are correctly installed and functioning properly. To schedule a visit for a free home safety inspection to include free smoke alarm installation or to obtain information regarding our “Put A Finger On It!” free smoke alarm program, visit http://www.loudoun.gov/smokealarms or call 703-737-8093.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- EDITORIAL: Brewer’s reinstatement comes with an inconvenient truth
- Loudoun once again ranked healthiest county in Virginia
- Teenager charged in connection with stabbing of Leesburg man
- Tributes flood in after death of popular Purcellville teacher
- Leesburg Town Council cuts ‘Main Street,’ Visit Loudoun funding
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Click here for all e-editions.