Two top Loudoun officials receive raises
With the raises, Mr. Hemstreet's salary comes in at $223,100 per year and Mr. Wertz will make $145,700 annually.
Mr. Hemstreet's raise is his first performance-based increase since coming to Loudoun County in December 2009.
Mr. Wertz has held his elected post since 1992. His office's responsibilities expanded recently when the county's assessment functions were moved within the revenue department.
- More costs, delays for Metro’s Silver Line to Loudoun
- Wason Center poll: Jeb Bush surpasses Hillary Clinton in Virginia
- In Northern Va., Michelle Obama says tech industry to train, hire 90K military vets
- Parent takes Loudoun school administrators to court over alleged FOIA violations
- U-Va. dean bashes Rolling Stone article in open letter