Two win $1 million lottery in Sterling
On June 13, someone matched the first five numbers in the June 13 Mega Millions drawing, winning them a cool million. The ticket was bought at the 7-Eleven on Woodshire Drive; the man who purchased the ticket will be presented with the check at the store June 25 at 3 p.m.
Eight days later, a person matched the first five numbers on a Powerball ticket. That winning lotto ticket was purchased at a Getty Mart on 209 E. Holly Ave. The ticket still remains unclaimed.
Winners have 180 from the drawing date to claim their prizes. Virginia Lottery recommends that winners immediately sign the back of the ticket.
In addition to individual prizes, Virginia Lottery also awards $10,000 to stores that sell winning million-dollar tickets.
The odds of winning a million dollar prize are about 1 in 5,153,633.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Loudoun’s tourism champions honored at Visit Loudoun awards
- Gov. McAuliffe vetoes bill limiting license plate readers
- Planting history: Hamilton’s Wegmeyer Farms and Oatlands partner to harvest strawberries in Leesburg
- Sheriff Chapman, Ralph Buona win Loudoun Republican nominations
- From Loudoun to the NFL: Alex Carter drafted in third round by Detroit