Two win $1 million lottery in Sterling
On June 13, someone matched the first five numbers in the June 13 Mega Millions drawing, winning them a cool million. The ticket was bought at the 7-Eleven on Woodshire Drive; the man who purchased the ticket will be presented with the check at the store June 25 at 3 p.m.
Eight days later, a person matched the first five numbers on a Powerball ticket. That winning lotto ticket was purchased at a Getty Mart on 209 E. Holly Ave. The ticket still remains unclaimed.
Winners have 180 from the drawing date to claim their prizes. Virginia Lottery recommends that winners immediately sign the back of the ticket.
In addition to individual prizes, Virginia Lottery also awards $10,000 to stores that sell winning million-dollar tickets.
The odds of winning a million dollar prize are about 1 in 5,153,633.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- EDITORIAL: The long view on Short Hill
- Northern Va. man charged with manslaughter for 2015 Leesburg stabbing
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Signal outage at Routes 7 and 659 in June
- Testimony: Castillo was seen in estranged wife’s Ashburn home the night of her death
- ‘Play Ball’ in Purcellville: Cannons’ home opener June 3