Unattended candle causes Ashburn fire
The fire, which displaced one resident as well as a neighbor due to high levels of carbon monoxide in their home, broke out shortly after midnight Thursday at 22673 Flowing Spring Square.
No injuries were reported.
Fire and rescue crews from Arcola, Ashburn, South Riding and Moorefield responded to the call. The first unit arrived on scene to the three-story, end unit townhouse to see significant smoke on the second and third floors.
According to reports, a small fire had started in the kitchen and the heat from the fire ruptured a water pipe in the ceiling above the fire.
The broken water pipe extinguished the bulk of the fire prior firefighters' arrival. The homeowner was not home at the time of the incident.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- EDITORIAL: Closed meeting for ‘open’ discussion brings shame on Leesburg Council
- Expect delays at East Market and Plaza in Leesburg Tuesday
- Report finds future housing gap of 18,000 in Loudoun. But is the county ready for the growth?
- Loudoun sheriff, local police chiefs discuss ‘State of Law Enforcement’ at annual forum
- TSA sees spike in number of guns at Washington-area airport checkpoints in 2016
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Click here for all e-editions.