Unattended candle causes Ashburn fire
The fire, which displaced one resident as well as a neighbor due to high levels of carbon monoxide in their home, broke out shortly after midnight Thursday at 22673 Flowing Spring Square.
No injuries were reported.
Fire and rescue crews from Arcola, Ashburn, South Riding and Moorefield responded to the call. The first unit arrived on scene to the three-story, end unit townhouse to see significant smoke on the second and third floors.
According to reports, a small fire had started in the kitchen and the heat from the fire ruptured a water pipe in the ceiling above the fire.
The broken water pipe extinguished the bulk of the fire prior firefighters' arrival. The homeowner was not home at the time of the incident.
Be the first to post a comment!
- From quarry to community: Looking at the huge Waterside development application
- Loudoun photographers earn honors, work on display in Herndon
- MORE: Critics say Virginia ethics bill won’t prevent another scandal
- West End Wine Bar and Pub to open in Purcellville
- Local Live Music: Jorma Kaukonen’s in no hurry