Unattended candle causes Ashburn fire
The fire, which displaced one resident as well as a neighbor due to high levels of carbon monoxide in their home, broke out shortly after midnight Thursday at 22673 Flowing Spring Square.
No injuries were reported.
Fire and rescue crews from Arcola, Ashburn, South Riding and Moorefield responded to the call. The first unit arrived on scene to the three-story, end unit townhouse to see significant smoke on the second and third floors.
According to reports, a small fire had started in the kitchen and the heat from the fire ruptured a water pipe in the ceiling above the fire.
The broken water pipe extinguished the bulk of the fire prior firefighters' arrival. The homeowner was not home at the time of the incident.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Leesburg Police responded to more than 4,600 calls for service in July
- Comstock, Foust take 10th District debate stage Wednesday
- Partisanship an issue at Warner-Gillespie forum
- Sterling man charged in fatal drunk driving case among 49 indicted by grand jury
- UPDATE: Leesburg town attorney confirmed as 20th Circuit Court judge