Unattended candle causes Ashburn fire
The fire, which displaced one resident as well as a neighbor due to high levels of carbon monoxide in their home, broke out shortly after midnight Thursday at 22673 Flowing Spring Square.
No injuries were reported.
Fire and rescue crews from Arcola, Ashburn, South Riding and Moorefield responded to the call. The first unit arrived on scene to the three-story, end unit townhouse to see significant smoke on the second and third floors.
According to reports, a small fire had started in the kitchen and the heat from the fire ruptured a water pipe in the ceiling above the fire.
The broken water pipe extinguished the bulk of the fire prior firefighters' arrival. The homeowner was not home at the time of the incident.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Northern Virginia search and rescue members return from Nepal
- Leesburg elementary student injured in bus incident
- Mary Watson-DeLauder: At your service
- Holiday travel volume in Virginia expected to be highest in a decade
- MWAA vice president floats idea of residential at Dulles Airport’s ‘Western Lands’