Welcome to LoudounTimes.com
Loudoun Times-Mirror

Unattended candle set Sterling townhome ablaze

Four residents were displaced after an unattended candle caused a fire Jan. 21 in a Sterling townhome.

According to Loudoun County Fire, Rescue and Emergency Management, firefighters from Sterling Park, Cascades, Lansdowne, Ashburn and Fairfax County reported to the 9:45 a.m. blaze at 6 Nicholson Court.

Crews were able to extinguish the fire and there were no injuries to either fire personnel or the residents. However, the building sustained an estimated $100,000 worth of damage.

The displaced residents are staying with family.


Be the first to post a comment!

Post a comment

Commenting is not available in this channel entry.

Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at ltmeditor@loudountimes.com.

More News

The Loudoun Times-Mirror

is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.
Click here for all e-editions.