UPDATE: More than 12,000 without power in Loudoun
As of 11:30 p.m. Dominion Power officials were reporting 7,400 out of 72,000 homes in Loudoun without power. The Northern Virginia Electric Cooperative was reporting 4,683 out of 23,468 without electricity.
The outages are contained mostly in the northern region of the county, but there are some heavy outages along Routes 7 and 50 as well as far western portion of the county.
A hotline has been activated for Loudoun County residents who need to find information or who need help from the impacts of Hurricane Sandy. The Loudoun County Emergency Hotline phone number is 703-737-8300. For emergencies, call 9-1-1. For more information, visit http://www.loudoun.gov/hurricane
Check back to loudountimes.com as more information is released.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- EDITORIAL: In Loudoun, an identity-defining choice depends on who makes the rules
- Governor says he’s restored voting rights to 156,000
- Leesburg-based band taking the region’s music scene by storm
- U.S. Secretary of Agriculture to sign new rule during Leesburg visit
- Best Rack Around in Leesburg to host international body positive campaign event Saturday
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Click here for all e-editions.