UPDATE: Sterling man charged in possible gang-related stabbing
Juan C. Reyes is charged with malicious wounding by mob, malicious wounding and attempted robbery, according to the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office.
Reyes is held at the Loudoun County Adult Detention Center on no bond.
The case is still under investigation, according to a sheriff's office spokesperson.
The Aug. 23 incident began about 9:25 p.m. when the victim told deputies he was approached by four men on a pathway in the 150 block of Enterprise Street.
One of the men assaulted the victim and another pulled out a gun and demanded money.
The victim resisted, and a second man stabbed him.
The victim was hospitalized with serious injuries.
He told deputies that he believed the incident was gang-related.
- Virginia exports grow to $19.2 billion in 2014
- From quarry to community: Looking at the huge Waterside development application
- Loudoun photographers earn honors, work on display in Herndon
- MORE: Critics say Virginia ethics bill won’t prevent another scandal
- West End Wine Bar and Pub to open in Purcellville