Va. General Assembly convenes session
The Senate and the House of Delegates were gaveled into session at noon Wednesday.
As he heads out the door, Republican Gov. Bob McDonnell has left lawmakers and Democratic Gov.-elect Terry McAuliffe a proposed $95.6 billion budget. That will be one of the last bills passed before the assembly adjourns.
Other big issues include mental health and ethics reform and McAuliffe's goal of expanding Medicaid to an additional 400,000 Virginians under the federal health care law.
McDonnell gave his final State of the Commonwealth address Wednesday night, and McAuliffe will be inaugurated Saturday
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Ashburn dog to strut her stuff at Westminster Dog Show
- Redskins-themed restaurant and sports bar to open in One Loudoun
- Allder School Road in Purcellville closed for three weeks
- School leaders present options to ease overcrowding at Mercer Middle School
- WEATHER ALERT: Winter Advisory issued for Friday evening; icy conditions likely