Va. General Assembly convenes session
The Senate and the House of Delegates were gaveled into session at noon Wednesday.
As he heads out the door, Republican Gov. Bob McDonnell has left lawmakers and Democratic Gov.-elect Terry McAuliffe a proposed $95.6 billion budget. That will be one of the last bills passed before the assembly adjourns.
Other big issues include mental health and ethics reform and McAuliffe's goal of expanding Medicaid to an additional 400,000 Virginians under the federal health care law.
McDonnell gave his final State of the Commonwealth address Wednesday night, and McAuliffe will be inaugurated Saturday
Be the first to post a comment!
- From quarry to community: Looking at the huge Waterside development application
- Loudoun photographers earn honors, work on display in Herndon
- MORE: Critics say Virginia ethics bill won’t prevent another scandal
- West End Wine Bar and Pub to open in Purcellville
- Local Live Music: Jorma Kaukonen’s in no hurry