Va. General Assembly convenes session
The Senate and the House of Delegates were gaveled into session at noon Wednesday.
As he heads out the door, Republican Gov. Bob McDonnell has left lawmakers and Democratic Gov.-elect Terry McAuliffe a proposed $95.6 billion budget. That will be one of the last bills passed before the assembly adjourns.
Other big issues include mental health and ethics reform and McAuliffe's goal of expanding Medicaid to an additional 400,000 Virginians under the federal health care law.
McDonnell gave his final State of the Commonwealth address Wednesday night, and McAuliffe will be inaugurated Saturday
Be the first to post a comment!
- Community protests Sterling’s Calvary Temple church amid allegations of sexual abuse
- Round Hill artist awarded honorable mention in international plein air competition
- UPDATE: Leesburg Police investigating stabbing death
- Two VIP board members resign, lay out grievances
- Republicans praise McAuliffe for signing budget