Va. General Assembly convenes session
The Senate and the House of Delegates were gaveled into session at noon Wednesday.
As he heads out the door, Republican Gov. Bob McDonnell has left lawmakers and Democratic Gov.-elect Terry McAuliffe a proposed $95.6 billion budget. That will be one of the last bills passed before the assembly adjourns.
Other big issues include mental health and ethics reform and McAuliffe's goal of expanding Medicaid to an additional 400,000 Virginians under the federal health care law.
McDonnell gave his final State of the Commonwealth address Wednesday night, and McAuliffe will be inaugurated Saturday
Be the first to post a comment!
- Former Sen. Jim Webb forms exploratory committee for White House
- 2015 Future Leaders Scholarship Award
- Gov. McAuliffe announces first commercial hops facility in mid-Atlantic in Loudoun
- No small potatoes: Loudoun Interfaith rebounds in time for the turkey
- First baby born at Inova’s new Natural Birth Center