Va. tourism officials launch new website
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) -- Virginia tourism officials have launched a new website to help Virginians share and find the best small town treasures and old school favorites.
Officials say the site features 50 road trip ideas full of places like retro diners, classic drive-ins, authentic small towns and quirky roadside wonders.
The site has photos, video and itineraries to inspire a classic road trip. The itineraries include off-the-beaten path spots, many of which can be done as a 48-hour getaway.
Visitors to the site can even upload their own photo reels to a virtual retro ViewMaster. The reels will be cataloged and searchable along with the more than 200 existing reels on the website.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Planting history: Hamilton’s Wegmeyer Farms and Oatlands partner to harvest strawberries in Leesburg
- Sheriff Chapman, Ralph Buona win Loudoun Republican nominations
- From Loudoun to the NFL: Alex Carter drafted in third round by Detroit
- George Mason U. takes over Loudoun Small Business Development Center
- Possible gang members attempt recruitment of Sterling Middle students