Va. tourism officials launch new website
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) -- Virginia tourism officials have launched a new website to help Virginians share and find the best small town treasures and old school favorites.
Officials say the site features 50 road trip ideas full of places like retro diners, classic drive-ins, authentic small towns and quirky roadside wonders.
The site has photos, video and itineraries to inspire a classic road trip. The itineraries include off-the-beaten path spots, many of which can be done as a 48-hour getaway.
Visitors to the site can even upload their own photo reels to a virtual retro ViewMaster. The reels will be cataloged and searchable along with the more than 200 existing reels on the website.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- EDITORIAL: The long view on Short Hill
- Northern Va. man charged with manslaughter for 2015 Leesburg stabbing
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Signal outage at Routes 7 and 659 in June
- Testimony: Castillo was seen in estranged wife’s Ashburn home the night of her death
- ‘Play Ball’ in Purcellville: Cannons’ home opener June 3