Vandalism strikes Purcellville again
According to a release from the Purcellville Police Department, during the day, seven cars had their side windows broken and had items stolen from them in plain sight. Five of the cars were parked at Fireman's Field, and two were at Franklin Park. Total damage and property loss are estimated to be more than $2,000.
This is the second recent instance of vandalism in western Loudoun. On May 17, a suspect trespassed on Franklin Park and accessed a work truck, which was used to cause $80,000 worth of damage in the park. There's currently a $1,500 reward for information leading to an arrest.
The Purcellville Police department encourages residents to lock their cars and to not leave valuables exposed.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- EDITORIAL: The long view on Short Hill
- Northern Va. man charged with manslaughter for 2015 Leesburg stabbing
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Signal outage at Routes 7 and 659 in June
- Testimony: Castillo was seen in estranged wife’s Ashburn home the night of her death
- ‘Play Ball’ in Purcellville: Cannons’ home opener June 3