Virginia-led transportation group gets federal funding
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) -- A Virginia-led consortium on transportation research is getting $5 million in federal funding.
U.S. Sens. Mark Warner and Tim Kaine say the Mid-Atlantic Transportation Sustainability University Transportation Center includes the University of Virginia, Virginia Tech and Old Dominion University.
The grant from the Department of Transportation will be used for research and development of energy efficient and environmentally sustainable modes of transportation.
Officials say the research will promote environmental sustainability, improve infrastructure resilience and adaptation to extreme weather, expand freight mobility, and reduce dependence on foreign oil.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Tropical Smoothie Cafe sued: Hepatitis A in Egyptian berries
- Crescent Parke developers file suit against Leesburg Town Council
- FAA small drone rule comes into effect Monday
- Round Hill resident seriously injured after accidentally shooting himself
- Sterling MS-13 member released to Immigration and Customs Enforcement custody
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.