Virginia-led transportation group gets federal funding
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) -- A Virginia-led consortium on transportation research is getting $5 million in federal funding.
U.S. Sens. Mark Warner and Tim Kaine say the Mid-Atlantic Transportation Sustainability University Transportation Center includes the University of Virginia, Virginia Tech and Old Dominion University.
The grant from the Department of Transportation will be used for research and development of energy efficient and environmentally sustainable modes of transportation.
Officials say the research will promote environmental sustainability, improve infrastructure resilience and adaptation to extreme weather, expand freight mobility, and reduce dependence on foreign oil.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Former Loudoun school superintendent elected Board of Directors chair for preservationist group
- With time running out, here’s where Verizon, union negotiations stand
- Lane closures on Ashburn Village Boulevard at Russell Branch Parkway set for August
- Dulles go kart racetrack says goodbye
- Leesburg Police Department looking for tipster No. 168
As Seen IN PRINT
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.