Virginia-led transportation group gets federal funding
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) -- A Virginia-led consortium on transportation research is getting $5 million in federal funding.
U.S. Sens. Mark Warner and Tim Kaine say the Mid-Atlantic Transportation Sustainability University Transportation Center includes the University of Virginia, Virginia Tech and Old Dominion University.
The grant from the Department of Transportation will be used for research and development of energy efficient and environmentally sustainable modes of transportation.
Officials say the research will promote environmental sustainability, improve infrastructure resilience and adaptation to extreme weather, expand freight mobility, and reduce dependence on foreign oil.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- EDITORIAL: Running against the wind in Leesburg mayoral race
- Leesburg photographer launches a dress line with Kickstarter campaign
- Ashburn’s Jason Sturm set to defend World Cup championship title
- Supervisors refuse to conduct $75,000 indoor sports facility study
- Caulkins Jewelers honors its roots after 60 years
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.