Virginia-led transportation group gets federal funding
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) -- A Virginia-led consortium on transportation research is getting $5 million in federal funding.
U.S. Sens. Mark Warner and Tim Kaine say the Mid-Atlantic Transportation Sustainability University Transportation Center includes the University of Virginia, Virginia Tech and Old Dominion University.
The grant from the Department of Transportation will be used for research and development of energy efficient and environmentally sustainable modes of transportation.
Officials say the research will promote environmental sustainability, improve infrastructure resilience and adaptation to extreme weather, expand freight mobility, and reduce dependence on foreign oil.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Two VIP board members resign, lay out grievances
- Republicans praise McAuliffe for signing budget
- McAuliffe orders alcohol agents retrained after U-Va. arrest
- Loudoun deputies ask public for information about alleged Calvary Temple sexual assault
- Suspension rates, achievement gap high for Loudoun’s minority students