Virginia-led transportation group gets federal funding
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) -- A Virginia-led consortium on transportation research is getting $5 million in federal funding.
U.S. Sens. Mark Warner and Tim Kaine say the Mid-Atlantic Transportation Sustainability University Transportation Center includes the University of Virginia, Virginia Tech and Old Dominion University.
The grant from the Department of Transportation will be used for research and development of energy efficient and environmentally sustainable modes of transportation.
Officials say the research will promote environmental sustainability, improve infrastructure resilience and adaptation to extreme weather, expand freight mobility, and reduce dependence on foreign oil.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Virginia State Police asked to investigate Calvary Temple
- SCC concludes Dulles Greenway investigation, rules favorably for toll road
- Deputies seek witnesses to Ashburn crash
- Leesburg man arrested for making threats via text, social media
- Dominion Resources will no longer bill for some charitable donations
Thundery outbreaks in nearby
|Hi 91°||Hi 88°|
|Lo 67°||Lo 64°|
As Seen IN PRINT
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.