Warner outraises Gillespie in 2nd quarter
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) -- U.S. Sen. Mark Warner says he raised $2.7 million during the second quarter while his Republican challenger Ed Gillespie said he raises $1.9 million.
Both candidates announced their fundraising totals July 15.
The Warner campaign said it's raised $14 million so far for re-election. The former governor is seeking a second term in the Senate.
The Gillespie campaign said it has raised $4.1 million since the campaign launched earlier this year. The former Republican National Committee chairman's campaign said it received contributions from 47 donors who had previously given to Warner.
- Orbital to launch Antares rocket Oct. 27 from Wallops Flight Facility
- Comstock’s property taxes raise questions about a central campaign narrative
- Maryland man pleads guilty to Taylorstown home invasion
- Voting advocates fear impact of Virginia’s voter ID law
- Witness in Sterling murder recants testimony