Wharton steps down as Department of Building director
Wharton has been the head of the organization since it was started in 1991.
“Terry’s service to the county has been extraordinary,” said County Administrator Tim Hemstreet in a prepared statement. “His tenure as Director of Building and Development coincided with a period of tremendous growth in the county."
Before becoming director of the Department of Building, Wharton was a county engineer and the director of engineering.
Mike Seigfried, the assistant director of the Department of Building, will take over as interim director.
According to a prepared statement, the county plans to have a nationwide search to fill the open position.
Be the first to post a comment!
- MORE: Footage shows 263 missing Loudoun SAT tests left building in UPS possession
- Farm-to-Fork brings together Loudoun—both east and west
- Reston man sentenced to 29 years for rape of child
- Hillsboro man drives truck off Leesburg Parking Garage
- Farm brewery still a go in Lucketts—but without Flying Dog