Wharton steps down as Department of Building director
Wharton has been the head of the organization since it was started in 1991.
“Terry’s service to the county has been extraordinary,” said County Administrator Tim Hemstreet in a prepared statement. “His tenure as Director of Building and Development coincided with a period of tremendous growth in the county."
Before becoming director of the Department of Building, Wharton was a county engineer and the director of engineering.
Mike Seigfried, the assistant director of the Department of Building, will take over as interim director.
According to a prepared statement, the county plans to have a nationwide search to fill the open position.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- ‘Fill-the-Boot’ campaign kicks off Tuesday in Loudoun County
- Patrick Henry College students, alumni plans protest during Mike Pence visit
- Construction continues, VDOT sues as Ashburn man holds on to his home
- Increased gun confiscations at Dulles Airport concern TSA
- Man assaulted while walking in Sterling neigborhood
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.