Whole Foods Market coming to Loudoun
The popular Austin, Texas-based natural and organic foods grocery chain is looking to locate its first Loudoun store between Russell Branch Parkway and Claiborne Parkway in the Belmont Chase development of Ashburn.
The nearest Whole Foods is in Reston, and the nearest grocery stores to the planned location are the Harris Teeters in Ashbrook Commons and Lansdowne Town Center.
Plans are also in place to use the 40,000 square foot store to help develop surrounding retail space totaling 20,000 square feet according to a brochure from H&R Retail.
The candidates H&R Retail are targeting are banks, pharmacies, fast food chains and restaurants.
Construction of the retail parcels will be done by fall 2014, but the Whole Foods official would not confirm a finish date for the grocery store.
- Community protests Sterling’s Calvary Temple church amid allegations of sexual abuse
- Round Hill artist awarded honorable mention in international plein air competition
- UPDATE: Leesburg Police investigating stabbing death
- Two VIP board members resign, lay out grievances
- Republicans praise McAuliffe for signing budget