Wind upturns plane at Leesburg Airport
At around 11:33 a.m., a single-engine Cessna was approaching the airport to land when a gust of wind caught the plane, causing the plan to crash off the run way and flip over. Despite the incident, the sole occupant of the plane, pilot Robert L. Bailey Jr., 52, of Fairfax Station, was unharmed. The plane had taken off from Manassas.
State police responded to the incident and both the Federal Aviation Administration and the National Transportation Safety Board were notified of the wreck.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- ‘Fill-the-Boot’ campaign kicks off Tuesday in Loudoun County
- Patrick Henry College students, alumni plan protest during Mike Pence visit
- Construction continues, VDOT sues as Ashburn man holds on to his home
- Increased gun confiscations at Dulles Airport concern TSA
- Man assaulted while walking in Sterling neigborhood
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.