Wind upturns plane at Leesburg Airport
At around 11:33 a.m., a single-engine Cessna was approaching the airport to land when a gust of wind caught the plane, causing the plan to crash off the run way and flip over. Despite the incident, the sole occupant of the plane, pilot Robert L. Bailey Jr., 52, of Fairfax Station, was unharmed. The plane had taken off from Manassas.
State police responded to the incident and both the Federal Aviation Administration and the National Transportation Safety Board were notified of the wreck.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- EDITORIAL: The long view on Short Hill
- Northern Va. man charged with manslaughter for 2015 Leesburg stabbing
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Signal outage at Routes 7 and 659 in June
- Testimony: Castillo was seen in estranged wife’s Ashburn home the night of her death
- ‘Play Ball’ in Purcellville: Cannons’ home opener June 3