Wind upturns plane at Leesburg Airport
At around 11:33 a.m., a single-engine Cessna was approaching the airport to land when a gust of wind caught the plane, causing the plan to crash off the run way and flip over. Despite the incident, the sole occupant of the plane, pilot Robert L. Bailey Jr., 52, of Fairfax Station, was unharmed. The plane had taken off from Manassas.
State police responded to the incident and both the Federal Aviation Administration and the National Transportation Safety Board were notified of the wreck.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Del. Dave LaRock’s LGBT letter draws sharp rebukes, praise
- Detectives release sketch composite of second Lansdowne robbery suspect
- 100WomenStrong receives grant from SunTrust to enhance education programs
- Maryland man sent to prison for sexually assaulting Loudoun teen
- Sterling man to serve 5 years for in-home daycare molestation