Wind upturns plane at Leesburg Airport
At around 11:33 a.m., a single-engine Cessna was approaching the airport to land when a gust of wind caught the plane, causing the plan to crash off the run way and flip over. Despite the incident, the sole occupant of the plane, pilot Robert L. Bailey Jr., 52, of Fairfax Station, was unharmed. The plane had taken off from Manassas.
State police responded to the incident and both the Federal Aviation Administration and the National Transportation Safety Board were notified of the wreck.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Community protests Sterling’s Calvary Temple church amid allegations of sexual abuse
- Round Hill artist awarded honorable mention in international plein air competition
- UPDATE: Leesburg Police investigating stabbing death
- Two VIP board members resign, lay out grievances
- Republicans praise McAuliffe for signing budget