With Miller’s announcement, rematch looks likely in 32nd House District
Miller announced her intent to run in the Ashburn-based 32nd District on Monday evening.
With Del. Tag Greason planning to run for re-election, and if Miller can secure the Democratic nomination, the 2015 contest will be a rematch of the tight 2013 race in which Greason bested Miller by less than 700 votes out of more than 22,500 cast.
“Voters of the 32nd District have been asking me, 'Will you run again in 2015?'” Miller said in a prepared statement. “After what we've seen from Mr. Greason this year, I don't think I can wait that long. I am running as of today.”
Miller and her husband, former Loudoun County Supervisor Stevens Miller, run a small information technology business. Elizabeth Miller is also a well-known local blogger and political activist who served on the “Women for Terry” steering committee for then-candidate and now-Gov. Terry McAuliffe. She is a George Mason University graduate with a degree in psychology and has previously served on the Loudoun County Community Services Board.
- MORE: Footage shows 263 missing Loudoun SAT tests left building in UPS possession
- Farm-to-Fork brings together Loudoun—both east and west
- Reston man sentenced to 29 years for rape of child
- Hillsboro man drives truck off Leesburg Parking Garage
- Farm brewery still a go in Lucketts—but without Flying Dog