Witness: Ex-Va. first lady touted state businesses
Former Gov. Bob McDonnell and his wife are accused in federal court of accepting more than $165,000 in gifts and loans from former Star Scientific CEO Jonnie Williams in exchange for using their office to promote his tobacco-based supplement, Anatabloc.
On Wednesday, Agriculture Secretary Todd Haymore testified that he often traveled the state with Maureen McDonnell to promote Virginia's wine industry, sometimes promoting specific companies by name.
Prosecutors argue that the McDonnells gave special treatment to Williams' company by setting up meetings for him and hosting an event for him at the governor's mansion.
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Loudoun detectives seek public’s help in identifying Ashburn armed robbery suspect
- Supervisors initiate boundary line adjustment process between Middleburg, Loudoun County
- Loudoun deputies file new search warrant in Bethany Decker missing person case
- Biometric identification platform opens at Dulles, Reagan Airports
- Loudoun ranked as Virginia’s best for business investment