Witness: Ex-Va. first lady touted state businesses
Former Gov. Bob McDonnell and his wife are accused in federal court of accepting more than $165,000 in gifts and loans from former Star Scientific CEO Jonnie Williams in exchange for using their office to promote his tobacco-based supplement, Anatabloc.
On Wednesday, Agriculture Secretary Todd Haymore testified that he often traveled the state with Maureen McDonnell to promote Virginia's wine industry, sometimes promoting specific companies by name.
Prosecutors argue that the McDonnells gave special treatment to Williams' company by setting up meetings for him and hosting an event for him at the governor's mansion.
- 2015 Virginia legislative session wraps up with ethics rules
- Stone Bridge rallies past O’Connell in hockey championship game
- MORE: Va. lawmakers approve budget with state pay raises
- Woodgrove high schooler to take Philly Eagles linebacker to prom
- Growing Islamophobia a concern for ADAMS Center in Sterling