Details for Page Designer/Copy Editor
PAGE DESIGNER / COPY EDITOR Do you have an eye for page design and the knack for picking up mistakes in reporters' copy? If so, you might be a great fit at The Frederick News-Post. The FNP, a six-day daily in Frederick, Maryland, is seeking an experienced copy editor and page designer. Qualified candidates will have previous editing experience. The right candidate will be part of a copy desk team that works on the daily newspaper as well as several other niche publications. Candidates should feel comfortable providing second reads on stories (first reads in cases of breaking news), laying out both news and feature pages as well as being the final set of eyes on daily newsletters and social media posts. Must have a working knowledge of InDesign and be able to post stories to the website. Excellent communications skills and able to work with a collaborative spirit are a must. A bachelor’s degree, preferably in Journalism, English, or related program, is required. Must have excellent grammar skills and knowledge of AP style. Those applying must be open to working evenings, weekends and holidays. To apply, send a cover letter (explaining why Frederick is right for you), resume, salary requirements and relevant work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes submitted without a cover letter and salary requirements WILL NOT be reviewed. PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS.
Choose your news
Sign up for newsletters that bring Loudoun County to your inbox.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Photos: 8th Annual Winter Ice Festival
- Youngkin calls on lawmakers to enact 'vision of change'
- Loudoun participates in regional fair housing survey
- LCPS announces 2-hour delay for Tuesday
- LCPS reaffirms mask requirement amid governor’s order; supervisors to consider resolution backing school division’s authority on masking
- School Mask Mandate Executive Order
- Virginia's 1st female lt. gov. takes her seat in the Senate
- Youngkin's order to end school mask mandates gets pushback