The Town of Leesburg has announced its annual business awards will be held on May 4, with nominations currently being accepted for the following six award categories:
• Community Ambassador Award — celebrates a business or organization that promotes a positive image of Leesburg as a business location or tourist destination.
• Innovations Award — celebrates a business or organization that executes an innovative business venture, unique product development, or other cutting edge business practice.
• New/Expanding Business Award — celebrates a new or expanding business that either started or expanded their business in Leesburg between January 1, 2020, and December 31, 2021.
• Arts and Culture Award — celebrates a business, organization, or individual that contributes to or actively supports the arts within the Town of Leesburg.
• Veterans Affairs Award — celebrates an individual, business, or organization that supports all veterans through the practice of exceptional citizenship and leadership.
• The George C. Marshall Award — celebrates an individual who has demonstrated an exemplary commitment to the community above and beyond business contributions.
Eligible nominees for all categories must have the primary physical location of the company, organization, or business entity within the corporate limits of the town of Leesburg. Nominees for the George C. Marshall Corporate Citizen Award do not need to reside within the town.
The nomination form can be found on the town website at www.leesburgva.gov/businessawards. Submission deadline is Monday, April 4, 2022.